Fewer roses, more blood
Jun. 10th, 2026 09:09 pmSo I have a Teams appointment with the VA Friday morning to discuss the reduction in my rating that they're considering. That's the good news. The bad news is that I misread the website and thought the appointment was in PDT when in fact it's EDT. So I have to get up at 0300. Ugh. Hopefully I'll get a coffee and an English muffin in me before the camera goes on. Helping my case is that they want to base this decision on one (1) pulmonary exam as opposed to several years of increasing albuterol and Sudafed use, the latter of which has been prescribed for me by my new primary care doc, who I saw last week while getting $2500 worth of AC work done on the Kia. At least I got to ride home to Tonopah in airconditioned comfort, which was nice because the temperature was in triple digits down in Vegas and not much lower in Tonopah.
Speaking of Tonopah, the primary election has come and gone but the work of the balancing board drags on. My boss, the County Clerk, lost her bid for re-election, but I'm okay with the rest of the results here in Nye County. We're going to get one big check at the end of this for our work on the primary, and then we get to chill until the general election in November.
Based mainly on Anna-chan's reaction, I decided to rewrite the duel scenes in The Hawk, the Fox, and the Princess so they don't resemble the ones from Revolutionary Girl Utena so much, and as a result, they're considerably more bloody than they originally were. I couldn't resist inserting the famous "blood and iron" quote from Bismarck, and being somewhat autistic, I quoted it correctly.
Next week my work on the balancing board will be interrupted by the NSSAB meeting, which looks like it's only going to last a couple of hours. Well, they're going to reimburse me for two nights at The Mardi Gras, plus mileage and per diem, so I'm okay with that.
Succeeded in winning the European Theater with Austria-Hungary against the Axis. Interestingly, the Soviet Union collapsed first, and in the peace treaty I confined myself to insisting on independence for Byelorussia, Ukraine, and the Volga German Republic. Germany and Italy followed not long after, and in those treaties I took Silesia, Venice, Trieste, South Tyrol while setting Bavaria, the Papal States, and some other northern Italian states free. The war is still going on against Japan, but I'm pretty indifferent to that since I don't have any colonies in Asia and am uninterested in sending Imperial troops to China or Siberia get involved in that mess.
I bought some Depeche Mode and Gary Numan CDs, and they're sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick them up. I'll probably do that tomorrow on my way to the courthouse.
Speaking of Tonopah, the primary election has come and gone but the work of the balancing board drags on. My boss, the County Clerk, lost her bid for re-election, but I'm okay with the rest of the results here in Nye County. We're going to get one big check at the end of this for our work on the primary, and then we get to chill until the general election in November.
Based mainly on Anna-chan's reaction, I decided to rewrite the duel scenes in The Hawk, the Fox, and the Princess so they don't resemble the ones from Revolutionary Girl Utena so much, and as a result, they're considerably more bloody than they originally were. I couldn't resist inserting the famous "blood and iron" quote from Bismarck, and being somewhat autistic, I quoted it correctly.
Next week my work on the balancing board will be interrupted by the NSSAB meeting, which looks like it's only going to last a couple of hours. Well, they're going to reimburse me for two nights at The Mardi Gras, plus mileage and per diem, so I'm okay with that.
Succeeded in winning the European Theater with Austria-Hungary against the Axis. Interestingly, the Soviet Union collapsed first, and in the peace treaty I confined myself to insisting on independence for Byelorussia, Ukraine, and the Volga German Republic. Germany and Italy followed not long after, and in those treaties I took Silesia, Venice, Trieste, South Tyrol while setting Bavaria, the Papal States, and some other northern Italian states free. The war is still going on against Japan, but I'm pretty indifferent to that since I don't have any colonies in Asia and am uninterested in sending Imperial troops to China or Siberia get involved in that mess.
I bought some Depeche Mode and Gary Numan CDs, and they're sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick them up. I'll probably do that tomorrow on my way to the courthouse.